5.16.2008

SOMETMES THE CALIFORNIA SUPREME COURT GETS SHIT RIGHT

Appeals Court/Sky

Today is one of those days. You're living under a rock if you didn't hear that the California Supreme Court overturned the states gay marriage ban.

"The ruling added that all California couples had a "basic civil right" to marry "without regard to their sexual orientation.""
Well no shit. I'm still astounded this has taken so damn long. This is California for christ's sake, I'm pretty sure you can marry your dog here. Hopefully my fair city will be celebrating in proper fashion this weekend. I'm expecting nothing less.

(Note: the photo above is of the Federal Appeals Court in New Orleans because let's face who really wants to go to Sacramento. I know I don't.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of interest, how does this make us Brits in any way better?

I'm confused, obviously I'm ace (honest), but I'm not sure we treat our gay brethren any better than you do :)

Andrew

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.