12.06.2007

OH SHECKY'S WHERE DO I BEGIN . . .

Shecky's Girls Night Out came to the Santa Monica Hangar (map) this week. Having been to the previous two events, I'd have to say this one was my least favorite. The venue was spot on, and a welcome change to last seasons cramped quarters. It's starting to feel like the same thing over and over again. However, in the spirit of shopping and free booze, I offer the Shecky's highlights:

Cool Vendors:

jodibwise - I bought an awesome shirt from her for N

DeLaLuna Designs - Virginia designs the most original handbags and pieces I've ever seen.

Jenni - They weren't selling anything but were giving away boxers

Page Hamilton Designs - Jane loved one of her bags

Goodie Bag Highlights:

Free Underwear!

Redken Products (not full size like the 1st Shecky's but better than the spring's Sunsilk offering)

Full size Aveeno sunscreen

Sample Arbonne body lotion (it smells nice)



I'll still go to the Spring event, but I'd like to see some denim dealers, more underwear, and less jewelry that looks exactly the same as the next booth. Also will someone please tell the Seasonique people that unless they give us something for free we aren't interested in hearing about new birth control (that is what magazine inserts are for).

No comments: