8.28.2007

KING OF KONG- FIST FULL OF AWESOME CHARACTERS!

A documentary about video games? Okay... I did like the Wizard with Fred Savage so how bad could it be? I went to see King of Kong: A Fist Full of Quarters last Friday night at the new The Landmark at Westside Pavilion- reserved seating, so awesome!

We saw a 10:20 showing and within the first 5 minutes I thought for sure this was a snoozer. But soon, I was hooked!! - two men competing for the world record in Donkey Kong. Who knew the gaming industry was so vicious! The characters, or I guess I should say people, are really intriguing- mullets and all! It was an hour and 40 min long lesson on Donkey Kong and the Rocky music made it feel like a modern day Rudy- audiences are a sucker for the underdogs. I would definitely recommend it. 4 stars

Side note on the Landmark ... they have "yogurt berry" at the concession stand. (map)

No comments: